[CLOSED] AIG_TrafficController Crashing P3Dv5 after 0.4.1.2 Update

Started by JG7XMAN, November 08, 2021, 05:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JG7XMAN

Is this universal or user error?

Kaiii3

JG7XMAN

Thank you Kaiii3!

Question - I must have missed the instructions on opting out of automatic updating both AIM and TC when a new version became available?
If I didn't It would be a great enhancement to give the user the choice of when to update - especially since your wonderful tools have so many moving parts.
Not to mention you specifically said this in the manual  ;)

The tool is currently still under development and might contain bugs that can cause crashes of the
tool itself or the simulator.

My plan was not to touch this application once I got it working - which I somehow achieved  ;D Not that I am complaining..

Kaiii3

Quote from: JG7XMAN on November 08, 2021, 10:30:23 PM
Thank you Kaiii3!

Question - I must have missed the instructions on opting out of automatic updating both AIM and TC when a new version became available?
If I didn't It would be a great enhancement to give the user the choice of when to update - especially since your wonderful tools have so many moving parts.
Not to mention you specifically said this in the manual  ;)

The tool is currently still under development and might contain bugs that can cause crashes of the
tool itself or the simulator.

My plan was not to touch this application once I got it working - which I somehow achieved  ;D Not that I am complaining..

there is no way of "opt out", because there can be changes in the backend/server that requires the new version.

For P3D you can always "move back" to the old BGL files and stay away from AIGTC^^ and MSFS is all Beta at the moment ;)

JG7XMAN