Main Menu

[CLOSED] Traffic Controller won't open

Started by HawkHurst25, March 15, 2022, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkHurst25

Hi,

I'm sorry my first post here is about an issue I'm having.

I have so far managed to successfully install all the airlines I selected using the AIG_AIManager_1.1.

The issue I'm having concerns AIG_TrafficController. When I try to start it using the shortcut with the renamed target path (run as administrator), I get the following message:

"Traffic Controller will now be automatically updated. Close this window to continue"

I click "OK" and after a few seconds I am presented with this message:

"AIGTC can update itself only when it is not started together with the sim. Was AIGTC started using the autostart-feature of Prepar3D?"

I click 'NO' and the command box opens and as instructed I press any key.

Next I get "Traffic Controller will now be automatically updated. Close this window to continue." I click 'OK' and the whole thing starts again with the 'Prepar3D' message. ad infinitum.

So, I seem to be stuck in a loop and can't even open TC to inject my flight plans into MSFS2020.

Please help.
Thanks.

Jon

Please post your log files found in the TC folder
To Err is Human, to Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy.

A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton

HawkHurst25

Thanks for your response. Log files attached

Kaiii3

open the TC directory. There should be a downloaded Update ZIP file for TC 0.5.0.31? If yes how big is it?

HawkHurst25

It's 1kb as a zip file. Nothing inside .

Edit: I just tried the update option at the bottom of the TC directory. It started out as before but this time it appears to have worked. That is, it seems to have updated to version 0.5.0.28.

I remember trying this before I posted my original message to no avail but now it's open. Still no idea what the issue was but hey it's now working.

Anyway thanks very much. I can't wait to finish setting it up and flying with it. Looks awesome.

Kaiii3

HawkHurst25

Do you mean delete the TC directory and start again?

Kaiii3

HawkHurst25

Nope. I still get the same loop. I deleted the zip folder TC 0.5.0.31 and tried opening TC with the renamed shortcut. It put the same empty zip folder back as before.

I then tried opening TC using the Update file in the TC folder and hey presto it worked.