Main Menu

[CLOSED] Very few airborne traffic

Started by disco79stu, September 15, 2022, 07:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco79stu

Hi!
I am looking for some AIG advice. I have all liveries installed, set 1-99% in the AIG manager and 100% in the AIG traffic controller. I get plenty of traffic on the airports but when I'm in the air, TCAS (Fenix) picks up hardly any airborne aircraft ever (only 1 or 2 in 10+ flights). Not during a 2h cruise, not during approach or landing. In P3D I had quite a few planes approaching big airports etc. making me use thebtrafficbzapper a lot. But in MSFS the skies seem very empty. Could I have set something wrong here?

Thanks

johanfrc

Please provide the log files for AIGTC.
Regards

Johan Clausen

disco79stu

Here's the log.
Also, a screenshot of the spotting map, seeing one single aircraft airborne (the one close to me in the center) and some on the ground at LFLL.

disco79stu

Also, I seem to rarely have any traffic at my destination airport.
For busy airports like Gatwick etc, it's strange to never have a cue of waiting aircraft etc., which was common in P3D.

Kaiii3

run a verify setup in AIM and try again

disco79stu

Quote from: Kaiii3 on September 16, 2022, 11:07:57 AMrun a verify setup in AIM and try again

did that already, no change.
am I suppose to put in any path in the AIGFP section? (online tutorials never show people doing thins)

I tested this several times now, when I look at the map, it always spawns aircraft at may origin airport and one single one in the air. I've seen yt-videos where people's maps are full of aircraft in the air when opening the map.

could something - idk - "limit" the amount of airborne traffic on my system?

Kaiii3

there are different addons that might limit the amount of traffic. What addons have you installed?

disco79stu

FSUIPC7
Fenix A320
AccuSeasons
FSRealistic
FS2Crew
Volanta
AviaServer FLight Monitor
GSX Pro (only recently, had limited traffic before that)

.. and varous 3rd party airports.

So far I couldn't see why any of those might limit the traffic.
But I noticed a folder "aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_" keeps appearing in my community folder (no idea if this is any clue)..

I also tested setting the levels in AIM to 50-99 and recompiled the flightplans, no effect.

Kaiii3

disco79stu

okay, before I go through the length of de- and re-installing all of them, is any of those even known to cause issues in the above way? because otherwise this is as good as an advice as to "just reinstall windows".  ;D

Kaiii3

disco79stu

Tried without every of the above add-ons, still no airborne aircraft. Put them back in, now I don't get ANY aircraft anymore, AIGTC takes 10min to start and the files seem to be somewhat damaged. No idea.
Will re-install and just accept the fact that I don't have aircraft cueing up for takeoff or approach... After all, it's a beta, nothing more I can do. Thanks.