Main Menu

[SOLVED] No traffic injected after upgrade to v5.1.2

Started by DownedAviator, September 26, 2022, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownedAviator

AIGTC will not inject traffic after I upgraded to v5.1.2.

Logs attached.

Kaiii3

where is your AIGTC EXE located?

AIGTC is unable to load the databases, because it is looking for it (relativ path) in System32 which can not be right

DownedAviator

Hi,

The AIGTC exe is and always has been here:

D:\Users\Pete\Documents\Downloads\Microsoft Flight Sim 2020\3rd Party Apps and Plugins\Alpha India Group\AIG_TrafficController\

Long path I know but has always worked.

No idea why it is suddenly looking in System32 ( I have win11 64bit)

I have not changed anything in my setup. I just installed the update v5.1.2. I did have to do it manually by running the update.bat file that appeared in my TC folder because as always happens with TC updates it never completes for me automatically, although AIM updates do.

DownedAviator

Quick reply.

Problem solved. Your reply made me check some other things and I found the problem.

I will post a full explanation a bit later today.

Nice to have it back.

DownedAviator

The problem was obscure and unique to my setup and probably will not affect anyone else.  I give a detailed explanation here simply for the curious, or anyone else launching AIGTC via Task Scheduler.

I have developed a highly automated system using startup scripts triggered by buttons on my Elgato Streamdeck to automatically launch the sim and my apps such as TrackIR, MSFS Addons Linker, SPAD.neXt, SkyElite etc. along with region specific MSFS addons. The scripting ensures that my apps and addons are loaded in the corrects sequence. Some need to be run before starting MSFS and others after the sim starts. All this works fine except for those apps like AIGTC that are required to be run as Administrator.

The normal process of manually starting an app using a desktop shortcut with the "Run As Administrator" option set will cause a User Access Control (UAC) prompt to pop up asking the user to confirm the action. This shortcut can be called by an automation script to start an app with admin privileges but the UAC prompt will interrupt the flow of automation scripts, which is undesirable.

To bypass the UAC prompt for apps that need to run as admin Windows Task Scheduler can be used to create on demand tasks that will run apps with elevated privileges without triggering the UAC prompt.

In the case of AIGTC I created a scheduled task called "AIGTC Elevated App" with an action to execute AIGTech - Traffic Controller.exe when called.

The task can be triggered with the following command: C:\Windows\System32\schtasks.exe /run /TN "AIGTC Elevated App"

This all worked perfectly until AIGTC V5.1.2.

After the update was installed AIGTC would run but it would silently fail to load the flightplans, resulting in no traffic being injected into the sim.

After submitting logs to the AIG Forum I received a reply asking where I had the AIGTC EXE actually installed because the logs indicated that AIGTC was looking for it in the path C:\Windows\System32\ instead of the apps real location.

This problem did not occur prior to v5.1.2 and I had made no changes other than installing the update, but it seems to be a pathing issue introduced in this update.

The reference to System32 was the clue for where I should look for the problem and a solution. The only thing that system32 has to do with AIGTC in my setup is the call to Task Scheduler to run the app, which for some reason AIGTC is now picking up as the path to its exe file.

The solution is to open the scheduled task's configuration, go to the Action tab and specifically set the exact path to AIGTC in the optional "Start in" data field, (see photo). I had never entered anything in this field before and previously that was not a problem.You cannot view this attachment.