Main Menu

[CLOSED] MSFS not found by Traffic Controller

Started by herhaus, August 30, 2022, 07:07:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herhaus

MY SETUP:

- An administrator account "admin" and a non-admin local user "pilot" to run the sims
- P3Dv4 installed from admin account (this was required for some add-ons), but running it from the pilot account
- MSFS installed as pilot
(NOTE: I try to install as little as possible from the administator account or by "run as administrator" because this frequently caused issues with add-ons in the past. "Run as administrator" seems to switch the active user to being the administrator user, not to add administrative rights to the active user. This can cause mixing user folder locations)

The P3Dv4 installation is fully operational incl OrbX Central, Aerosoft ONe, Oculus Rift and also AIG OCI and AI traffic.

MY ISSUE:

For MSFS from the pilot account, AIG OCI did not detect MSFS when "run as administrator" and only started in P3D mode. It only offers me to select between P3D and MSFS when I start it as normal user pilot (double-left click). I installed some sample airlines for testing, this worked well.

AIG Traffic Controller when started from the modified shortcut (adding "-MSFS2020" to the executable call) and "run as administrator" also does not detect MSFS, I can see it from the logfiles. But it does not allow me to start as normal user. When the window opens, the bottomline already says "Connecting.." and does not allow me to connect manually. Other SimConnect applications like the Flight Recorder for MSFS work well.

So, what do I need to do to make it detecting my MSFS installation correctly?

Kaiii3

herhaus

Oops, because of MSFS sim update 6 issues I did an NVME restore in the meanwhile and the AIG logs are gone, sorry!

Have to say that I switched to FSLTL in the meanwhile because of this issue. It does not require administrator rights at all.

Maybe it is advisable to leave to the user the responsibility to apply admin rights or not? It looks like this is a relict from pre-MSFS times as MSFS-related installers (incl. add-ons) do not require admin rights at all?