Main Menu

[CLOSED] Models not showing in MSFS

Started by vortex, July 29, 2023, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortex

Hello. I am sure this has already been discussed, but here's my issue anyways. Loaded up MSFS, parked at gate with engines off. Started TC and auto-injected traffic. TC map shows traffic all around YSSY airport and jetways move into position as if connecting to aircraft, but no aircraft models show up. Also have aircraft showing on TCAS around airfield. AI traffic in settings are set to off and ground traffic at 1%. I have deleted the zip file in Resources and restarted, no change. Attached log files.

Update: not sure what I did to fix it, but its fixed for now. I'll see if I can duplicate and post what I did to fix it.

regulate

I've had the same thing recently with the SIM 13 update (MSFS) and AIG traffic.  But it's not consistent, seems to work one time, then randomly the next time there is no aircraft visible but they show on the traffic manager map.
Brian Summers (KBOI/BOI)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 5.4

panzer2181

Quote from: regulate on August 10, 2023, 10:14:01 PMI've had the same thing recently with the SIM 13 update (MSFS) and AIG traffic.  But it's not consistent, seems to work one time, then randomly the next time there is no aircraft visible but they show on the traffic manager map.

Indeed.  I have seen the same issue.  For example, I am currently in flight from KONT to KPHX.  AITC was indicating a bunch of aircrafts on approach to KONT, but only a few were showing up.  Furthermore, I am currently descending to KPHX, and AITC indicates it is injecting 21 aircrafts but SimConnect is only showing 15 of them.. I suspect maybe a bug with SimConnect?

Kai, I am putting my logs in case you are curious.

Kaiii3

1) AIGTC shows the list of the airplanes that should be injected, this numer can be higher compared to the one showed in SimConnect-Status, because of missing parking spots at airports or deleted AI airplanes.
2) SimConnect number shows the actual number of injected airplanes (see number 1 for more infos)
3) Every Airplane you have on the map is simulated by the Sim, if you see it on the map it is in the Sim. Sometimes the Sim does not render the object (so it will be invisible) - this is a known issue within MSFS but only solvable by ASOBO

panzer2181

Quote from: Kaiii3 on August 26, 2023, 04:19:14 PM1) AIGTC shows the list of the airplanes that should be injected, this numer can be higher compared to the one showed in SimConnect-Status, because of missing parking spots at airports or deleted AI airplanes.
2) SimConnect number shows the actual number of injected airplanes (see number 1 for more infos)
3) Every Airplane you have on the map is simulated by the Sim, if you see it on the map it is in the Sim. Sometimes the Sim does not render the object (so it will be invisible) - this is a known issue within MSFS but only solvable by ASOBO

Excellent, good to know!  I think this is important information that could maybe be included in the next release pdf manual, like in "known issues / limitations?"