Main Menu

[SOLVED] Prepar3D v5 CTD during TC loading after update to 0.3.3.5

Started by rlipoff, December 10, 2020, 12:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlipoff

TC auto-updated to 0.3.3.5 and now Prepar3D v5 crashes with no error message when TC transitions from the loading splash screen to the actual application window. I removed the TC Addon folder (w/ addon.xml) from "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Files" and that fixed the CTD (so TC no longer auto-starts with Prepar3D). But if I try to run TC manually, Prepar3D crashes as before, whether I start Prepar3D before or after TC. If I start TC first, then Prepar3D, Prepar3D asks to load the addon (TC), I click yes, then a second instance of TC starts to load and the CTD eventually happens again. There are no relevant messages in any section of Event Viewer.

Kaiii3

any other instance of AIG Tools running? What does the Window Event Viewer has logged?

Kaiii3

Update:

I was able to recreate the CTD on Autostart, no clue what is happening there (the only change on my system is the last windows update.. ::mad::). What I did then was to start P3D and kill AIGTC the moment it has been autostarted. Let P3D load and then opened AIGTC manually - this seems to work. To disable AIGTC from autostart, you do not need to remove the xml just edit the cfg file (%AppData%\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg):

Look for the entry for AIGTC and set ACTIVE=false

Kaiii3

Update:

I did the following and the CTD seems to be gone:

1) Disable AIGTC via the cfg
2) Start P3D
3) Disable all other addons with autostart options
4) Start P3D again
5) Enable AIGTC
6) Restart P3D
7) Enable all other addons again

rlipoff

That seems to have fixed it for me too. I also had just gotten a Windows update, no idea if that was the cause.