Main Menu

[SOLVED] Unable to find Simconnect-Connection. P3dv4

Started by dolphinhog, September 26, 2022, 02:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dolphinhog

After 5.1.2 upgrade, on settings I get this msg when trying inject AI.

Kaiii3

hmm strange, sadly I have no access to my P3D setup till the weekend, so nothing I can test till then...

GCRR

Well, i found a "dirty" fix for the problem :

Locate the "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll" in your "AIG-TrafficController" main folder and make a backup.

Then, go to your "AIG_AIManager" folder and find the same file : "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll" (it has a different date and size). Now copy the file and paste it into your "AIG-TrafficController" main folder and overwrite.

And voilá, it works, at least for me. Be aware, this is not an official fix, just a workaround i tried out, the developers might want to have a deeper look at it. Use at own risk !

dolphinhog

Ok well many things to unpack here. So I saved a copy of LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll from the AIGTC folder, and copied LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll from AIGAIM folder. At first nothing, ran P3dv4 and TC started, but no traffic. It did say it was connected this time, no simconnect error. Shut everything down, started P3d and watched TC load, but stayed in load mode. Shut all down again. Recopied files, started P3Dv4, but when asked which ver to load, P3dv4 or P3dv5, I chose 5. The reason this shows up was a aborted attempt to install P3dv5, which for whatever reasons, remains in my registry or some other glitch trying uninstall 5. So I chose5, and voila, traffic injected.. :nuke:
So hoping for an official fix, but for this worked for me. Thx GCRR

GCRR

Good to hear, i´m glad it worked for you.

I forgot to mention, that i´m only using P3Dv4.5. That´s how i tested it.
Let´s see if Kaiii3 comes up with something official after the weekend !

alexvs

Hi,

I had the same problem. I copied the v45HF3 dll to the main directory. Restarted P3dv45HF3 and voila, traffic returned to the sim. I that Kaiii has look for the problem how it happened in the new install.

Regards.
Jeroen
The Netherlands
Regards,
Jeroen
The Netherlands

Kaiii3

Quote from: alexvs on September 27, 2022, 03:00:24 PMHi,

I had the same problem. I copied the v45HF3 dll to the main directory. Restarted P3dv45HF3 and voila, traffic returned to the sim. I that Kaiii has look for the problem how it happened in the new install.

Regards.
Jeroen
The Netherlands

did you override the "old" SimConnect file?

Kaiii3

please check the new update 0.5.1.3

I ran a test with P3Dv5 (I have not v4 installed) and no issues with the releaes.

dolphinhog

Ran the update, flawless so far, lots of all traffic states