Main Menu

[SOLVED] CTD in a fresh install of P3D

Started by r_ast, June 08, 2021, 07:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r_ast

I did a fresh install of P3D after problems with blue screen (nvlddmkm.sys). The previous installation was heavily patched, with aircraft models and sets constantly being modified as needed and used. Finally, I installed AIG and the system started to show the blue screen again (nvlddmkm.sys). I managed to restore to a point before AIG but I confess that I am unsure and do not discard a new format. I have attached the event viewer screens with the errors. I use windows 10.

Kaiii3

the log is not indicating any relation any program. Do you have more information?

r_ast

Before installing AIG, the system was working normally. The blue screens of death appeared just after AIG was installed.

Kaiii3

nvlddmkm.sys is a navidia system/driver file. Nothing directly related to AIGTC, so make sure you drivers are uptodate (reinstall if needed) and run a system repair for Windows.

r_ast

I appreciate the feedback. I believe that I have now managed to restore the stability of the system. I imagine the driver was corrupted during the installation of a scenario (SLLP, per executable file; as the first blue screen of death occurred just when I clicked on the executable; hours after completing all the adjustments in AIG).

I will bring a brief account of what I faced these past few days. I did a driver update but without being in safe mode and without uninstalling the previous Nvidia driver. Obviously, I wasn't successful. But I installed the DDU and did the complete uninstall (even the sound driver). And I did a fresh install of the driver that had already come on my machine, which had just been formatted. All in safe mode.

I made a new flight, complete, including all the addons I have (Rex and Self Loading Cargo). All very well. Restore point created. My question now is how to reset AIG (it was disabled in a previous restore attempt; prior to installing the P3D SDK). Do I just reinstall the SDK and then activate AIG normally, like I'm starting over? I appreciate the prompt return and I'm more relaxed.

Kaiii3

what exactly do you need to reactive by AIG?

r_ast

I don't know exactly how. The first time I installed AIG, in my setup before formatting, I wasn't asked to install the P3D SDK. I imagine it had already been installed, but I don't remember. But now, when I formatted, I was asked to install the SDK. AIG is on my computer, but since I restored it to a point prior to installing the SDK, my question is whether I need to reinstall it. Yes or No?

I have a bit of insecurity, but I imagine that even with converted aircraft (using OCI), there is, in theory, no chance of corrupting the video driver files again, right?

Kaiii3

1) install the SDK
2) Start AIM and add the imagetool path in your settings again

r_ast

Right. I'll make about 30 more flights (I make a daily flight, usually not more than an hour) to have more security in the stability of the system. Then, I will do the procedures described above and I will inform you here.

Thank you for the prompt return.