Main Menu

[SOLVED] "Stacked" AI issue at airports

Started by honanhal, December 01, 2021, 04:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honanhal

I've observed numerous times in the last few weeks that sometimes at an airport a particular parking spot gets a "stack" of AI planes, which are visible in AIGTC but with only one visible at a time in MSFS. At regular intervals of a couple of seconds, the planes disappear and then "cycle" to the next one, causing a stutter each time (I strongly suspect this is the cause of many of the reports of stuttering on the ground at airports users have reported in MSFS when using AIG). At first I thought maybe this was related to airports where there was more traffic than parking spots to hold it, but I've now also observed this at airports with many empty parking spots, and it affects even smaller (e.g. A320) aircraft that should fit at most spots.

I've attached a couple of pictures showing this at Macau VMMC (this is the SamScene addon Macau, but I've seen this same behavior at default airports and other addons) and my log files from that sim session. This was after landing at VMMC from Shanghai Pudong (ZSPD).

Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it?

Andy

Almost 100% certain that this is a bug in the AI engine which ASOBO will need to fix. I can't think of anything our side which would cause this.

It's a very common bug, I have seen it a number of times, and not just with aircraft - but also with ground vehicles. If you have time, please report this to ASOBO so it gets bumped up higher on their priority list.  ::cheers::

honanhal

Quote from: Andy on December 01, 2021, 08:01:07 PM
Almost 100% certain that this is a bug in the AI engine which ASOBO will need to fix. I can't think of anything our side which would cause this.

It's a very common bug, I have seen it a number of times, and not just with aircraft - but also with ground vehicles. If you have time, please report this to ASOBO so it gets bumped up higher on their priority list.  ::cheers::

Good to know, thanks!