Main Menu

[CLOSED] Not reinjecting after deleting traffic

Started by p3dflyer64, February 21, 2022, 04:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3dflyer64

AIGTC is not injecting traffic again if it is cleared using the Delete traffic button and then pressing Inject traffic button to start again, log is attached showing an error. I was trying to fix the low volume of arrivals problem and by looking at the map figured enroutes and arrivals incoming from some airports are not spawning except at the intial injection while those originating from other airports continue to spawn normally.  On checking other similar threads verfied that in windows decimal separator is already set to ".". There were no errors in the logs but it looked like AIGTC was not sending command to inject AI as there were no exception errors other than 15 for weather read and 22 for outbound AI reaching bubble boundary. So decided to start over traffic installation but accidentaly stumbled upon this error by pressing delete button, don't know if the error is linked to arrival spawning issue so decided to rectify it before moving further with traffic reinstallation. Also not sure if it is related but the dynamic fuel option is unchecked and unclickable, is that an MSFS only feature?

Thanks

Kaiii3

log is indicating that you have traffic injected. Please let TC run a bit longer, sometimes it requires some time.
Dynamic fuel is disabled becuase it causes issues in both Sims at the moment

p3dflyer64

Ok, thanks for the info. About the error in the log on deleting and reinjecting traffic, can this be safely ignored for now?

p3dflyer64

Here is an instance of the spawning issue I am getting. In trying to track arrival at WSSS airport of the Singapore cargo flight 7973 tail no. 9V-SFK from VABB to WSSS that arrives on Wednesday at 5:25 GMT, I initially set sim time to 5:31 GMT and as expected the said aircraft spawns on the ground. Then I set the time to 5:15 GMT and the aircraft spawns in the air in descent phase since it is already inside the spawning bubble. However when I set the time back further to 5:13 GMT it never comes to spawn in the air, as well as stops spawning altogether in the sim even on the ground on setting time forward again to 5:31 GMT. AIGTC Log of the session is attached.

Kaiii3

if you reset the time to often in the Sim without restarting AIGTC this can cause issues

p3dflyer64

I was just trying to test the arrival spawning of the said flight with those steps, as I noticed in normal sim use it was one of the arrival flights that was unable to spawn unless it was already due in the sim bubble at AIGTC startup, and only flights that have issue with arrival spawning would then fail to spawn at all thereafter as you can see in the log where the other aircraft on the ground is unaffected and continues to be reinjected. Could you confirm if the arrival flight in question is spawning normally at your end? Attached is log of another session, nothing much to see there but I set the time to 05:13 GMT and waited past its defined arrival time of 5:25 GMT and the aircraft 9v-SFK didn't come to spawn.

Kaiii3

will have some of the team to check it out. My P3D is currently in a basic setup

tcvalley420

Quote from: p3dflyer64 on February 22, 2022, 03:26:08 PMI was just trying to test the arrival spawning of the said flight with those steps, as I noticed in normal sim use it was one of the arrival flights that was unable to spawn unless it was already due in the sim bubble at AIGTC startup, and only flights that have issue with arrival spawning would then fail to spawn at all thereafter as you can see in the log where the other aircraft on the ground is unaffected and continues to be reinjected. Could you confirm if the arrival flight in question is spawning normally at your end? Attached is log of another session, nothing much to see there but I set the time to 05:13 GMT and waited past its defined arrival time of 5:25 GMT and the aircraft 9v-SFK didn't come to spawn.

I am online now and will try to duplicate your issue.
Best Regards
Tom Valley
AIG Beta Tester
P3dV5.3

A safe landing is one you walk away from.  A good landing you can use the aircraft again.

tcvalley420

I duplicated your experience, but was unable to recreate your errors in TC.
I was able to view the aircraft at 0500Z about 110 NM from destination.
I don't know about when an aircraft spawns in the sim but 100 NM +/-  seems reasonable.
I have experienced time issues with P3D even before TC came out, but I played around with even 5 min. interval changes and had no problems.
I think if this should happen again try reloading the TC and see what happens.
Just before I posting I tried something: the first time I followed an approach brought me to STA within a minute. I reset the time to -15 mins. before STA and I was placed much farther out and so my actual time of arrival was off by 5 minutes. So it would appear to me P3D doesn't like repeated time changes.
I hope this helps.
BTW what P3D version are you using?
Best Regards
Tom Valley
AIG Beta Tester
P3dV5.3

A safe landing is one you walk away from.  A good landing you can use the aircraft again.

p3dflyer64

Thanks for looking into it, I am running the latest version of p3d v5. If I move back time I can only see the aircraft spawn not earlier than 5:13 GMT. If I set say 5:10 GMT then start AIGTC, the aircraft doesn't spawn. Is there any software requirements like a particular version of VC++ or simconnect for AIGTC to work properly? Anything else I should check to confirm the traffic installation normal with all required files present?

tcvalley420

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems.
Does this occur at all airports and with any aircraft?
Have you applied hotfix 3 yet?
Where and How do you install your flightplans?
When you load your sim does the TC load automatically? You mentioned "then start AIGTC" is TC not loading automatically when you start the sim?
Otherwise that is definitely a Kai question regarding VC ++ and simconnect. I would expect no traffic showing up at all if that were the issue and I haven't had to make any changes to them other then is done during upgrades.
I am about to install the latest hotfix for P3D hopefully nothing changes.
The guys are great and I am sure one of them has the answer.

Tom
Best Regards
Tom Valley
AIG Beta Tester
P3dV5.3

Kaiii3

the issue you discribe is unrelated to c++ or SimConnect.

The actual injection position of an airplane is handled by the Sim itself, so nothing we can pin point to the exact militmer. Please pick some other Airport and Flight and check there as well.

p3dflyer64

Seeing the same issue with aerologic flight from WSSS to VTBS, while singapore cargo flight from VHHH to WSSS does not show the arrival spawning problem. From logs it seems AIGTC itself fails to intiate the injection of the traffic as there is no entry for the problem flights, rather than issue on the sim side?

p3dflyer64

It looks like the flights that are not spawning enroute or in arrival other than at AIGTC startup, have their flight time scheduled pretty close in comparison to the real world actual flight duration taken as seen on flightradar24. The previously mentioned VHHH-WSSS flight 7863 does not show this anomaly as it has 20 minutes excess than the actual time flown in the real world. So it seems at least on my end AIGTC might be having issue with correctly estimating aircraft speed and flight position with time, and thus showing arrival spawning problem somewhat similar to the well known bgl traffic 37 minute problem with aircraft speed.

p3dflyer64

Still having the spawning problem, is there any further troublshooting I can try to resolve this? Also I use P3DWX weather engine which requires deleting the p3d wxstation files and installed fsx sp2 version simconnect for SODE, any chance these could cause conflict with AIGTC causing this issue? Already running with the p3d 5.3 last hotfix.

Edit: Just saw there is another flight from VABB to WSSS singcargo 7951 of tail no 9V-SFI that arrives on friday at 10:30 GMT which does not show this spawning issue and arrives normally. For comparison everything about the two flights seems to be the same except the scheduled duration for this one is larger at 5 hrs 45 min while the one on wednesday of 9V-SFK is 4 hrs 55 min. Any idea why the shorter flight duration could be causing the arrival/enroute aircraft not commanded to spawn by AIGTC except when due within the sim bubble at startup?

Thanks