Main Menu

[SOLVED] AIGTC not working after update (USER FIXED)

Started by alecmcd552, May 10, 2022, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alecmcd552

Hello, I downloaded AIG AI Manager and AIG Traffic Controller yesterday evening and
got it working just fine inside MSFS, but this morning I woke up to an update for AIG Traffic Controller and after the update the client no longer works. It gets stuck at "Select FS-Version", the drop down box is empty. It was working perfectly last night and I made no changes to the settings or software, other than the update. Installing a fresh copy and updating has the same effect. I have uploaded a picture of the issue and attached my log files.

EDIT/UPDATE: I tried rolling back to an older version by reinstalling and disabling my internet, it still asks me to select an FS Version. The AI Manager now does the same thing and the drop down list is also blank.

EDIT/UPDATE#2: I looked through the log files and discovered that AIGTC was looking for my MSFS community folder in the wrong area, for some reason it was looking in my D drive which hasn't contained MSFS for a few months now after I moved it, I guess there are some registry strings that are pointing the AIG programs in that direction. To fix the problem, I recreated that folder basically as a dummy folder with nothing inside it and both programs started like normal again, I changed it in the settings to confirm it knew to look on my C drive instead. Not sure if I deleted the folder on my D drive if it would error again, don't want to risk it right now. My opinion, there should be a better way to find and select the right simulator to use rather than using the drop down menu which seems to not be working correctly.  I also confirmed that this issue had nothing to do with the update as I tried previous versions and it still occurred.