Main Menu

[SOLVED] Traffic spawning without Controller running.

Started by Jari95, January 24, 2024, 07:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jari95

Hi,

I've been getting an issue where I have traffic running inside my p3d V5 (latest version) without actually having AIG running.  I'm using 2.0.15.  This traffic also doesn't seem to be following the landing and takeoff directions.  When I open up my AIG Controller I can see this traffic on the map.  Pressing delete traffic does nothing.  Doing an Inject just adds a bunch of other traffic, which does seem to be following the correct take off and landing directions..

It looks like I have 2 Controllers running at the same time, but I'm not..  I tried a fresh restart of PC and I have no other Controllers running in the background.  Also my auto-injection is turned off, making this all the more puzzling..

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kaiii3

Jari95

Quote from: Kaiii3 on January 24, 2024, 10:20:28 AMLogs?

I'm sorry its my first time requesting support.  How do I provide these logs?

johanfrc

In the folder where the EXE file for Traffic Controller is located, you will find a bunch of LOG_ files.

Attach them here (using the "REPLY" button below).

My guess is that you have some traffic installed somewhere, that doesn't require TC to be running. That could be some BGL-files or similar.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Jari95

Thanks.  Attached the files.  I do use both MSFS and P3D with the controller. 

AtropiN

And this behaviour occurs in P3D only?

Quote from: johanfrc on January 24, 2024, 12:41:39 PMMy guess is that you have some traffic installed somewhere, that doesn't require TC to be running. That could be some BGL-files or similar.

I think Johan is right. Do you have another traffic files or do you run any apps which can add traffic?

Jari95

Negative, only AIG and have never had anything else installed.

johanfrc

AIG OCI traffic using AIGFP, can not be injected unless AIG Traffic Controller is running.

So if you are 100% sure that TC is not running and you still get AI, it must come from somewhere else.

And remember, that AIG OCI can install traffic as BGL too, if used for P3D.

So I'm 100% sure you either have some traffic installed that uses BGL (either old AIG OCI plans or maybe some old files from maybe even a scenery), because otherwise you wouldn't see any traffic at all, unless the default AI is enabled.
Regards

Johan Clausen

johanfrc

Can you do a thing for me.

Go to the folder where the log-files are located. Grab the log-files and move them to a different folder. Make Ure you don't have any log-files in the original folder anymore.

Open the sim and go to an airport. Make sure that AIG TC is not running (remember it might run automatically when you start the sim, and will close when you shut down the sim again).

Then close the sim.

Go to the folder where the log-files are located and check if there are log-files now.

If yes, then TC has been running while your sim was open. If there is not any log-files, we know it can't be AIGTC, that causes the injection of traffic, and you probably have some AI installed somewhere, using BGL, that shows you traffic.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Jari95

Hi,

I moved all log files out of the directory and started up p3d without the controller.  There are no log files anywhere in the same directory.

It's very strange, since I've never had any other traffic addon, except AIG for MSFS..  If I open AIG up while in the sim, the so called 'bgl-traffic' is recognized by AIG on the map display..

Any suggestions on how I go about finding these bgl files?

Thanks.

Kaiii3

start AIM for P3D and check the logs, it will list all directories and how many traffic files have been found

Jari95

I really have no clue at all what or where to search in these files.  Could you point me in the right direction?

johanfrc

Look in the Log_AIManager.txt.

Then look at the entries that says something like:

Collect flightplans from: >Path<
   Files in directory: >Number<

Most will probably say 0 (zero) in the numbers, but some of them have a different number.

I.e. you will find:
Collect flightplans from: C:\AIG\AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\scenery
   Files in directory: 42

That means you have in that folder 42 flightplans, which are BGL files. So when the sim loads, those plans are loaded too, and you get to see the planes there are, in those traffic files.

That's why, even with AIG Traffic Controller not running, you get AI traffic.

Open the folder, but don't delete the BGL-files. Go into the AIG Manager, and simply find the airlines those BGL-files are "linked" to. Then remove those airlines in AIG Manager, and confirm that the BGL file has been removed too.

When all 42 plans are removed, reinstall the plans. There is a setting somewhere in AIG Manager that asks if you want to use BGL instead of AIGFP (or something like that). Make sure that is UNCHECKED, so only AIGFP plans will be made. Install a couple of airlines, and check that there aren't any BGL files made. If they are popping up, you need to check the same setting again and do it the other way.

After that, only AIGFP plans will be active.

For most of the other "Files in directory: " lines it says maybe 1. Those are not a problem, as it might be i.e. vehicle traffic inside the airport, or maybe on the highways around the airport or what ever. So those should NOT be removed, as they are part of the different sceneries.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Jari95

All of them are on 0 or 1, except this one

Collect flightplans from: C:\AIG\AIGAIM - OCI\Traffic Files\scenery
   Files in directory: 42

I assume this is the main folder for AIG, so I will try reinstalling!

johanfrc

It is the folder, yes. And it should contain a bunch of BGL files.

Those are the ones you see in the game.

So when they are gone, you won't have any traffic, unless AIGTC is used.
Regards

Johan Clausen